Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ugh! Travel to Tashkent isn't easy.

Post 2: Traveling to Tashkent is not an easy trip. Tashkent is on the opposite side of the world from Colorado. In fact many people went west from the US and others went east. 

I am in the midst of traveling east. Denver, Minneapolis, Amsterdam, Moscow, then finally Tashkent. I'm currently in Moscow suffering an 8.5 hour layover. No place in this airport to lay down. Every single chair has those arm rests, dividing each seat. Hate that!

Don't know if I'm getting older and weaker but I was sooo tired I could not stay upright anymore. I found a place in a corner, out of the way, where I laid on the hard cold floor. Stole an hour of sleep before security and two medical people woke me (probably thinking I might be dead, or something) and forced me up. 

Then a few hours later a cafe waiter startled me by kindly tapping me on my shoulder as I was sitting in my chair, face down, on the table top. Ugh!

Left the US on Friday and will get to Tashkent on Sunday (two days to get there).

No comments:

Post a Comment